Monday, September 30, 2013

7

   This blog is basically just going to be me babbling BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER WRITINGS IN PROGRESS AT THE MOMENT. (End sentence with because clause). I don't have much to talk about now that my busiest week of the year is over. Right now I'm just sitting on my couch trying to relax, THOUGH IT'S HARD TO RELAX WITH MY CAT JUMPING ON MY LAPTOP AND CHEWING ON MY FINGERS. (Use though to interrupt main sentence).
   BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO REALLY WRITE ABOUT, this blog is just stream of consciousness. (Start sentence with because clause). I do have an essay due on Shakespeare due later this week, but I haven't started to work on it yet. NOR HAVE I REALLY STARTED PLANNING IT YET EITHER. (Start a sentence with nor).
   I KNOW THIS BLOG IS NOT MY MOST EXCITING; IT'S DOWN RIGHT BORING. (Long sentence connected to short by semi-colon). AS A WRITER, I'M NOT VERY PROUD OF THIS BLOG; AS A STUDENT, I'M PROUD THAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WORK IN ALL THE PATTERNS. (A compound sentence using a semicolon, the two sentences mirroring each other, with repeated parallel structures).
   IT'S ACTUALLY KIND OF FUN, IT'S ALMOST LIKE A PUZZLE, TRYING TO WORK IN ALL THE PATTERNS; NOW I NEED TO GO STOP MY CATS FROM DESTROYING MY TEXT BOOK THOUGH, SO THAT'S ALL FOR THIS TIME. (Semi-colon as a super coma).


(I did not have any “so's” to edit out).

1 comment:

  1. your blog was actually fun to read, Paul. Thanks for the break to a new (non)topic.


    Correct = Start a sentence with "Nor."
    Correct = Start a sentence with a "Because" clause, attached to the main sentence that follows.
    Correct = End a sentence with a "because" clause.
    X = Use ,though, to interrupt a main sentence as a kind of aside.
    Correct = Use a semicolon to connect a longish sentence to a very short one.
    correct = Write a compound sentence using a semicolon, the two sentences mirroring each other, with repeated parallel structures
    X = Write a sentence using a semicolon as a super comma.

    ReplyDelete