Monday, October 14, 2013

Blog 8

    Here is yet another blog about my cats. I don't have much else to write about since I'm usually at work or doing homework. And my cats are always nearby to be inspiration, RASCALLY, MISCHEVIOUS, AND AWESOME. (adjectives out of order).
   As soon as I sit down they come charging over towards me, FLYING THROUGH THE AIR WITH EACH LEAP, ready to jump upon my keyboard. (Participle). They curl up on my laptop, LITTLE BUNDLES OF FUZZ, and refuse to budge. (Appositive with commas). As soon as I move them, they immediately return (THE LITTLE BRATS). (Appositive with parentheses). If I try to run with my laptop into the other room, they charge after me: FLUFFY MISSILES OF DESTRUCTION AND CHAOS. (Appositive with a colon). As difficult as they make my homework-something I am not fond of doing in the first place-they are still awesome.   

2 comments:

  1. Paul,

    Great job on the brushstrokes that you included in your writing. For some reason, it seems that cats are now the theme of our class! However, after reading your writing, I noticed that you accidentally forgot to include an appositive sentence using dashes. Although you probably know where to find these in our course packet, one example related to cats would be, "armed with his weapons - his claws - he hid behind the bush." Although I believe you know how to do this brushstroke, I was just wanting to point it out to you in case you may have forgotten that POW. Also, maybe I am wrong, but your sentence with the "adjectives out of order" POW seemed to throw me off. Maybe it is because I used my adjectives towards the beginning of the sentence. After reviewing over the course packet, you did do it correctly. Nice job, it just threw me off. Very good job on these POW's, they seemed to be very difficult to me!

    Everett Klodt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appositives punctuated 4 ways:
    YES--1 set off by parenthesis
    NOT ATTEMPTED?--1 set off by dashes
    YES--1 set off by colon
    YES--1 set off by commas

    YES--1 Participial Phrase— either past or present participle okay

    YES--1 example Adjectives Out-Of-Order

    ReplyDelete